Questions to Ask Yourself
- Does your area of work have expectations for what is appropriate?
- Is standing out a part of your business? How do you differentiate yourself as an entrepreneur or in your business?
- Are there any colors associated with your business? What colors do you look great in?
- How can we incorporate some of your personal style into the shoot using clothing or accessories?
- Stay away from busy patterns, your face is going to be the focus.
- Avoid baggy clothing, texture is great though.
- Bring out your best facial feature by wearing a complimentary or similar color, I will also keep this in mind and use backgrounds to this effect.
- Bring along a number of different outfits in various styles and colors, layers are the name of the game to make it easy to get many looks.
- If you normally wear glasses and have a strong prescription, or glasses with no anti reflection coating we will shoot some with glasses and some without. The reflections can sometimes be problematic.
- If you plan to have your hair cut for the photo shoot, give yourself a little time, a week or so before so your hair has some time to relax and you can be sure you like it.
- Bring a selection from casual to formal so you have a range for different uses. See many looks one photo shoot.
- If sometimes you have a bit of facial hair and sometimes you're clean-shaven, leave it scruffy for the first part of the shoot, and bring a razor to clean it up for the second part.
- Gel your hair if it has unruly bits, you can let it dry then brush it out for a completely dry look.
- See what others have done...